Minutes of MVVFD Board Meeting
June 6, 2017
Don Rowan, Vice President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm
Members in Attendance:
Treasurer: Annette Foote
Board Member: Ross Radford, Krystal Tronboll
Carolyn Audibert, Jamie Beals, Shannon Frink
Firefighters in Attendance:
Burke Kremensky, Battalion Chief
Corey S Bennin, SDCFA
Landon Jones, SDCFA
Ken McGowan, SDCFA
Mike Zavala, SDCFA
Public in Attendance:
Jim & Marilyn Allen, Sharri Dowdell, Tierra Tronboll, Dave & Sandy Weisgerber
Ross Radford moved, seconded by Annette Foote, that the minutes be accepted as corrected. Quote for doors should have been $1600.00 not $1700.00
County Money, Public Funds Account
Grant Money, Non Public Funds Account
Previous Balance $37,969.46
Expenditures – 218.17
Deposit + 58.00
Ross Radford moved, seconded by Krystal Tronboll, that the treasurer’s report be accepted.
Mike Zavala reported there were 4 calls last month
May 9th -Medical aid
May 20th -Vegetation fire
May 26th -Traffic Collision
May 28th -Traffic Collision
Chief Kremensky reported the fire station was staffed 23 days last month. The community is reminded to clear defensible space around your homes. Fire fighters will be coming to the community soon to ensure your home complies.
Mike Zavala reported that the mount for a new fire station sign has been located in front of the station. The new sign should be in soon.
The tree that fell down and was cut up and removed by Corey Bennon. The firefighters ask that the stump be leveled so that the driveway can be widened.
Tabled to the next meeting.
Don Rowan said we need 3 sandwich board signs, one in front of the station, one for S2 and one for SR79. Jim Allen said he needs to know what you want on the signs. It was suggested that it be: Breakfast (or dinner) with date and time and Swap Meet with date and time.
Sandy Weisgerber suggested that the sandwich boards be hinged instead of using rope. Jim Allen will make signs for the swap meet this upcoming weekend.
40th Anniversary Committee Meeting Update
Jamie Beals has paid a $50.00 deposit for the clown, balance due $115.00. The Porta Potty and sink have been booked. Jaimie was able to get a discount so the cost will be $375.40. The Jumpy House and Dunk Tank will cost $465.00. The Dunk Tank will cost $249.00 (or $250.00 depending on source) and these should get booked soon.
Sandy Weisgerber said, before the Dunk Tank gets booked, the Board needs to have one person confirmed to take care of it as well as having people who are willing to go in it. It was suggested that it be discussed at another board meeting.
It was moved by Annette Foote and seconded by Ross Radford that the funds be allocated to pay for it.
Sandy Weisgerber reported that 10 letters have been sent out to the local casinos to get donations for the party. There have been a few responses already.
Annette Foote reported that Don’s Market has donated a “Delicious Pack”.
Ross Radford set the next Anniversary Committee meeting for Monday June 12th at 6:00 pm.
Annette Foote said she received a quote from Scholes for $1000.00 to replace the existing door on the storage container. It was suggested that the decision be tabled until we hear back from Scholes in regards to materials that will be used. Corey Bennon will contact Scholes to get more information. The door needs to be replaced before the party.
Annette Foote moved, seconded by Krystal Tronboll, that we accept the $1000.00 quote provided the materials are acceptable.
Jim Allen reported that the company that purchased the fire trucks would only pay $1000.00 for the generator and they required help to load it. It was listed on Craig’s List with no response.
Annette Foote reported that Ross Radford has been paid and she has checks for Jamie Beals but has to have invoices/bills from her.
May Breakfast Report
Don Rowan reported that it was successful. $160.00 was received in donations. Annette Foote said this covered all expenses. People in the community are asking that notice be sent out earlier. Don Rowan will attempt to put signs out 2-3 days before the event.
Don Rowan says that for the swap meet this upcoming weekend he has put flyers in Borrego, at Don’s Market and Sandy will post them at Warner Springs and Sunshine Summit. A notice has been put in the Julian news.
2012 Tax Bill
Annette Foote reported that Karen has not gotten back to her regarding this. Table to next meeting.
Ross Radford was asking for feedback regarding the solar light for the flag. Firefighters say that it is working well, that it illuminates the flag at night.
Don Rowan pointed out that the next MVVFD monthly meeting will fall on July 4th. It was suggested the meeting be rescheduled.
Ross Radford moved, seconded by Annette Foote, that the next MVVFD meeting be held on Thursday, July 6th, 2017.
Dave Weisgerber reported that there are 10×20 foot car tents available at Harbor Freight for $99.99. Don Rowan suggested we get two of them. Annette Foote suggested we ask people in the community to bring canopies for the party.
Annette Foote moved, seconded by Krystal Tronboll, that we buy two car canopies for $99.99
Annette Foote will purchase them.
Store Account for Firefighters
Krystal Tronboll reported that the firefighters account at the store has a negative balance of $72.00. It was determined that the MRT’s had not arrived as scheduled so the firefighters contacted the store to purchase major supplies for them. The firefighters have been requested to contact Annette Foote or a Board Member if this situation occurs again.
Dave Weisgerber donated $20.00 to the fund for the store.
Ross Radford moved, seconded by Annette Foote, that the meeting be adjourned.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 pm.